REVIEW: Anastasia Beverly Hills LAVISH Palette

Hey everyone! So this is going to be my first review, on the Lavish palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills. I'm going to start off by saying it is definitely a FALL FAVOURITE for me. I use it almost daily, and the colours are very versatile and easy to work with and apply. 
 Inside the palette is a small booklet with pictorals from Youtube&Instagram Gurus and some helpful tips on applying the eyeshadows, also a terrrible mirror that I don't think I'll ever use, unless I want to look like I'm doing my makeup in a fun-house. 
 The bottom of the palette contains tweezers(which are AWESOME), an eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown, an black waterproof retractable eyeliner(also very nice) and a double sided brush. One side is a fluffy paddle-type, and the other side is a small dome shape. I never used the brush so I can't tell you how well it is, but it's very soft.
 And finally, the colours! The palette has a slide out cover, which I don't particularly like. I prefer a cover that folds over because I feel like it protects the shadows more.

 Close up of the two lightest colours-Cream and Ballet. They are both VERY sheer and mostly just enhance my dry eyelids(yaaay-not)
The swatch pictures were taken in natural daylight, beside a window with Too Faced Shadow Insurance underneath.
 CREAM
 BALLET
 ANTIQUE
 ORANGE SODA
 RUM CAKE
 SIENNA
 MOSS
 PINK SAPPHIRE -I was pretty bummed about this colour, honestly it was the reason I wanted the pallete. It's difficult to apply, I had to really pack on the colour and the fallout is horrible! Disappointing

 TRUFFLE
BLACK DIAMOND -On the pan this has multi-coloured glitter in it, although when applied it looks more matte. The glitter seemed to disappear and fall all over my face

OVERALL
Packaging: 3/5 It's pretty bulky, and I feel like you couldn't just take the palette, you need the whole box or the shadows could break.
Colour Payoff: 4/5 The shadows apply amazing, are easy to blend and there is minimal fallout-minus a few colours
Price: 5/5 Here in Canada it was $49 at Sephora, but for the amount you get I think it's definitely worth it, considering JUST tweezers and two eye pencils would probably amount to over $50
Do I recommend it? Absolutely! If you're in need of a gorgeous fall palette definitely take a look at this one, as I'm sure it wont disappoint. 
Thanks for reading!

Comments