PRODUCTS I REGRET BUYING

It happens to everyone. You hear so much hype about a certain product, or you see something in the store you think will be great, and it turns out to be a HUGE disappointment. The Products I Regret Buying was always my favourite tag to watch when I was obsessed with watching youtube videos, so I thought I might as well make my own blogpost to share with everyone. 


FIRST PRODUCT: Cover FX Camouflage Concealer&Cream Foundation
I wanted to try out tattoo cover-up with makeup, and during my research decided to try out a Cover FX Cream foundation. I believe they don't make the one I have anymore, which is totally fine by me because I HATE it. I've tried so many ways to apply it, and none look nice. The foundation is EXTREMELY thick and feels so dry on the face, it's almost impossible to blend. Applying it is terrible, because it's so hard to get any product off the pan. When applied it instantly looked cakey and made my face look dry and flakey (mind you, i have VERY oily skin, so this is surprising something made me appear so dry!). 
Anyways, the Camoflauge concealer came as a free gift, although I believe it is full-size. When I was ordering all it said was to choose the shade I wanted (ULTRALIGHT-LIGHT-MEDIUM-DARK) and I'm not exactly pale as a ghost, so of course I thought light would be good, if not too light for me. When it arrived it looked very tan in the bottle, so I assumed it was just tinted. After squeezing out some concealer I was shocked. If this is LIGHT, then my skintone must be PAPERshade, because this is much too dark for me! I was incredibly disappointed with my order from Cover FX, especially after hearing how remarkable it is. If it was in the right shade, maybe I would be able to test it and see if it's even a nice concealer.


SECOND PRODUCT: MAC eyeshadow in GIVE ME LIBERTY OF LONDON (l/e)
This eyeshadow came out in the Give Me Liberty Of London collection, and by god I was not impressed with this shadow. I had also purchased the purple shade shadow, called Dames Desire and LOVE it. The pigmentation is great and the colour is lovely. I had thought the same about GMLOF too, until I tried it. It's incredibly sheer, I had to pack on the colour like CRAZY just to get a small swatch to show up in a picture, and when I apply the colour to my lid it's so sheer and such a non-flattering pink it makes me look like I have pink-eye or something. So upsetting, considering it looks like such a nice pink on the pan.


THIRD PRODUCT: Buxom Lash Mascara
I had got this with a 100 point perk at Sephora, mainly because I was out of mascara and didn't feel like spending $20-30 on a new one there. I will say i LOVE the bristles on the brush, and how black the formula is. Unfortunately, the actual brush is so soft and flimsy it can't grasp onto my lashes well enough to apply the mascara how I want it to. I prefer a stiff brush that doesn't move, because I feel like I have better control of the wand. This WOULD be a very nice mascara if it weren't for the flimsy bendy brush.


FOURTH PRODUCT: Hourglass Primer Serum
I feel like this brand came and went with popularity very quickly. Out of nowhere everyone was raving about the Hourglass primers, and next thing you know it's like they never existed! I wasn't sure which one out of the two I'd like, so I had bought the kit that had both in smaller size bottles. I do like the other primer, but this serum primer is so oily it's like adding grease to my face. I don't have dry skin, but honestly I feel like it would even be too oily for someone with dry skin. I tried applying it, and waiting a while for it to soak in before applying foundation&concealer but the foundation still seemed to slip all over and not apply well with this primer. Glad I didn't go and waste money on the full size. 


FIFTH PRODUCT: PTR Hair To Die For Treatment
I really haven't heard much about this product, I was just at Sephora one day and it caught my eye. This product is supposed to promote hair growth and increase thickness of the hair. I can't tell you if that's true because I've used it maybe 5 times at the most. The smell of this is AWFUL. I don't know how to describe it, but it's definitely a smell I cannot stand. You're supposed to leave the product in your hair, so all day the only thing I could smell was this awful treatment. I really wish I could tolerate the smell, because my hair is incredibly fine&thin. 


SIXTH PRODUCT: Philosophy total Matteness serum
For oily skin people like me, this serum sounded like a gift from God. You're supposed to apply after toner&before moisturizer. It claims to mattify the face and reduce the look of pores significantly. As you can already guess, this is not the case. When i applied it, my face felt sticky, and it didn't seem to completely dry. After applying a light moisturizer, my face became even stickier feeling. I didn't dare attempt to put foundation on, in fear of a splotchy, sticky mess. As excited as I was for this, I was let down. 



I could probably add a few more to this list, but I'm sure six is enough reading. Have a good weekend everyone :)
x

Comments