CHEAP BEAUTY STORAGE FOR CANADIANS

When it comes to trying to buy those beautiful acrylic storage boxes and shipping them to Canada, it seriously costs an arm and a leg. Sometimes it feels like if you don't live in the United States, you ALWAYS have to pay a crazy amount for shipping, which is just a giant headache. But, for the Canadian readers I have found something that might bring hope for us!


A popular place to buy these organizers online is a store called Muji. For a small two drawer box like this (picture is from Muji website), the shipping to Canada is 42.95. The damn box is only $16! There is NO way in hell I am paying more for SHIPPING than I am for my actual item. 


Another website I found was containerstore.com. It has a whole category for makeup organizers and I was so excited to see all the variety they had! Unfortunately, once again..shipping and "possible customs fees" amounted to around $50. Womp womp. 


So, today I was shopping at a Winners which all you Canadians should know about, and what did I find? A whole shelf of makeup and jewelry organizers! Honestly I was more excited about finding that than finding the clothing I had also bought. 
This one caught my eye the most, since its not HUGE, and I already have drawers that are sufficient enough at home. 

FINALLY! An organizer I need that didn't cost me $60!
This organizer has 15 spaces for lipstick in the front, and four different sized spots in the back for polishes, Qtips, brushes, or anything you want really.  
I also love the fact that it's shorter in the front, and becomes taller as the rows go back. It's nice and sturdy, and best of all I only paid $11! 

I just purchased it today, so I have not filled it up yet but I am SO excited about it. If you have a Winners or Homesense nearby, go check out around the Home/Decor area and see if you can grab a few of these! Definitely better than paying 2x the amount for shipping, and waiting two weeks for it to arrive in the mail. 
Thanks for reading, and if you've found any other stores that sell these acrylic organizers, or know any online stores that the shipping isn't insane feel free to leave a comment below for others!

Comments