Valentines Day Looks!


Valentines Day. Couples enjoy it, single people dread it. And for us makeup lovers, we love it solely because it gives us a great excuse to pull out the pink eyeshadows. It's really a day to do your eyes as dramatic as you want, or have just a pop of pink glitter. I've been using a lot of pinks and purples lately to get in the Valentines Day mood, so I thought I'd post up a few looks for some inspiration. 

This first look is one for the women who aren't keen on wearing bright pinks, or anything dramatic. I used my Lavish palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills. On my lid is Cream&Orange Soda on the outer lid. For my crease I used Pink Sapphire mixed with Truffle, and Truffle on the lower lashline. Since I'm a fan of more dramatic looks, of course I had to add lashes, which is totally optional! Unfortunately I have no idea what the name of these are, I just know they are by Ardell which can be found at any drugstore for around $3. The liner I ALWAYS use is Kat Von D's Tattoo liner in Trooper, which is found at Sephora. 
  • Lavish Palette($49)
  • Ardell Lashes($3-5)
  • Tattoo Liner ($22)



This next look is a bit more on the dramatic side. On my lid I used a mixture of Vanilla by MAC&Tako by Sugarpill. On the outer crease is 2AM Pressed shadow by Sugarpill and Poison Plum from the Burning Heart Palette on the inner crease to add depth. I also brought Poison Plum down to the lower lash line, and used NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk on the lower lashline. The lashes are by Sonia Kashuk, found at Target stores and I believe they were about $7. The liquid liner is Kat von D tattoo liner in Trooper.
  • Vanilla e/s ($17) 
  • Tako ($12)
  • 2AM ($12)
  • Burning Heart Palette ($34)
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil ($6)
  • Sonia Kashuk Lashes ($7-10)
  • Kat von D Tattoo Liner ($22)


Next look is more of a dramatic cut crease with hot pink. The lighter pink used in the inner corner is Sugarpill Dollipop, mixed with the hot pink loose shadow by Myomakeup on the outer corner. For the cut crease I used the darkest brown and black eyeshadow from the Coastal Scents 88 Original palette, which is currently on sale for only 10.95. Lashes are by Ardell, and once again I'm not sure of the number but they are very long! And liquid liner is of course by Kat von D.
  • Dollipop($12)
  • Myomakeup Ultra Bright Pink($5)
  • 88 Palette ($10.95)
  • Ardell Lashes ($3-5)
  • Kat von D liner in Trooper ($22)



This last eye look is pretty old (3-4 years ago) but I thought would be a nice smokey eye for Valentine's Day, or any date night. On the lid is Vanilla by Mac, and the rest of the shadows are from Kat von D's Beethoven eyeshadow palette. I used a medium purple in the crease and on the lower lash, and darkened the crease with a darker brown, or medium brown mixed with black. 
  • Vanilla ($17)
  • Beethoven palette ($42)
  • Kat von D Tattoo Liner ($22)


I hope these looks gave you some inspiration, and don't be afraid to play with colour on this special day of love! You don't need to start with BOLD, BRIGHT pinks. You can begin with even using a purple or pink on the lower lash for a small pop of colour, or begin with a neutral colour on the lid and add a soft purple to the crease. Play with colours, get comfortable with using them and before you know it you'll be repping these beautiful shades out in public! Have a great Valentine's day!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

Comments