Review: SimpleHuman Lighted Makeup Mirror



Hey everyone! Hope you've had a great Holiday and New years. For Christmas I got a new makeup mirror I've been dying to try, and I'm so excited to share my review with you all.

I've been eyeing up this mirror by SimpleHuman for about 6 months now, but really the price tag always threw me back. Also, if you research there's quite a few negative reviews which made me hesitate shelling out money for this mirror as well.

This mirror is the 8-inch 5x zoom makeup mirror by SimpleHuman, and retails for around $200CAD. They can be found at Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Outfitters and even on Amazon. It's LED bulbs claim to simulate natural daylight, never burn out and the sensor on the top of the mirror detects when your face is near to turn on.
One of the best parts about this light is it's Wireless! It connects to a usb cable to charge for approximately 5 hours, and the battery life claims to last up to 5 weeks. I really love the fact that there's no fighting with cables and I can use it anywhere in my house.

About the Light

The mirror is quite large and takes up a good amount of room. It adjusts to get taller (I believe around 2 ft high) and the mirror tilts back for a better angle, depending what you're doing.

I always thought my mirror was an okay size. I could see my face and that was good enough. I'm blown away at how the size of this mirror makes such a difference in what I see, even if it's magnified 5x. It's perfect for seeing your entire makeup look, or getting closer and fixing tiny details on the eyes or mouth.

Old mirror I used every morning on the right

I'm super impressed by the brightness of this mirror as well. I always bought the Conair "daylight" mirror and thought it was bright enough, but it doesn't even compare to the simplehuman light. Obviously it's difficult to get a photo of the light so I took a picture in it to show how much detail you can see.

The light is really well made to recreate natural daylight.

So what's the negative things people claim?

       1.The battery life doesn't last/won't hold a charge after a while.
Unfortunately I can't comment on this as I've only had the light for a few weeks, but for me so far so good. I've used it for about 6 hours total and the battery is still going strong.

       2.The sensor doesn't detect my face/turns off while using.
I honestly don't understand how people have this problem. When I'm doing my makeup I'm a good 6-10 inches away from the mirror at times and it hasn't once turned off on me. The only time it's turned off is if I move out of the way, for example to reach in a drawer for a product and my face is no longer near the mirror. I feel like it's designed for your face to be pretty close to the mirror so if you're misusing it, the mirror obviously won't work properly. I'd also like to note that even if I'm walking by my desk the light has not turned on, and my desk is located right beside my bed.


And of course, you have to save the best for last. My favourite thing about this mirror is that they have a 5 YEAR WARRANTY! Yes, you read that right. 5 years. From what I have read about this company if you do have an issue they are very quick to replace or fix it, which is awesome.

If you're thinking about buying this mirror or one of their other sizes, I suggest waiting until BB&B send out their 20% off coupon to save some money. It's quite an investment for a mirror but its 100% worth it for the impeccable lighting to do your makeup. Happy shopping!

Comments

Post a Comment